Effective Date: January 1, 2022
Last Reviewed on: July 1, 2022
REVIVE Hydration and its affiliated entities (collectively, “REVIVE,” “we” or “us”) value our relationship with you and take your personal privacy seriously.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you use our Services, create an account with us, or submit Personal Information to us. The types of Personal Information that we may collect about you include:
- Information you provide to us. This includes identifiers such as your real name, address, birth date, email, phone number, or other similar information.
- For example, when you use our Services, such as speaking with a REVIVE employee over our online chat service, we may collect your name, location, email, platform, browser, entry page, language, IP address (the internet address of your computer), who referred you, and a record of the chat transcript.
- Additionally, when you sign up for an account with REVIVE, we may collect your name, address, phone number, title, birth date, gender, together with other information such as occupation, industry, and personal interests.
- From time-to-time, we may also invite you to participate in surveys or promotional activities, such as running events. When you participate in these sorts of activities, we request certain Personal Information such as name, email address, phone number, where you work, and what Services you are interested in receiving.
- For certain employees, clinicians, consumers and referral sources of REVIVE, we may collect your name, gender, marital status, birth date, partner name, practice location, title, email, phone number, fax number, address, occupation, specialty, NPI, hospital affiliation, your education and work history, credentials, and behavioral information that we infer about you. This helps us track our various interactions, such as where are you located and did you make an appointment.
- Communications from you. When you use our Services (for example on our website), complete electronic forms, or contact us, by online chat, email, phone, or text, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and the activity you engaged in, for example: your name, address, the nature of your communication, the purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to your inquiry or request.
- Information related to your use of the Services. We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including information sent by your mobile device. For example, we may collect device information, such as your hardware model, IP address, unique device identifiers, and other information such as your browser type, operating system, and your website or mobile app usage.
- Information from your mobile device. We may collect certain information that your mobile devices send when you use our Services, such as a unique identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our services on your mobile device.
- Information from our affiliates and partners. We may also receive your Personal Information from other REVIVE affiliates and subsidiaries, our business partners, service providers and other third parties in connection with one or more business purposes, including making our Services available to you.
Additional Sources of Personal Information
We may also obtain Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Tracking and/or Analytics Services. To gauge the effectiveness of this website, we may collect information about our website users using tracking and/or analytics services. This information may include, among other things, your: gender, age group, interests, language, location, IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), domain names, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use these tools to generate various reports on the traffic coming to our web properties to study user behavior, ways to improve our websites, our conversion metrics, and the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns. We do not link this automatically collected data to other Personal Information we may have about you.
Our Use of Personal Information
We will only use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Services. We may use your Personal Information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided us with the Personal Information. For example, we may use general location information to improve and personalize our Services to you, such as using your Personal Information to respond to an inquiry from you or providing location-relevant information and Services to you.
- For our operations and administrative purposes. We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of furthering REVIVE’s business, including creating, operating, delivering, maintaining, and improving our content, products, and Services. We may monitor how our users use our Services including, without limitation, time spent using our Services, pages visited, and content viewed. We may also use it to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business or for testing, research, and analysis, including to develop and improve our Services.
- For marketing communication purposes. We may use your Personal Information to send you updates regarding existing products and services, information about new products and services, upcoming events, surveys, and other announcements or inquiries. Users who do not wish to receive such communications via email can choose to opt-out.
- To comply with a legal or regulatory requirement or to protect ourselves. Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your Personal Information. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with employment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the following situations:
- With our affiliates, business partners, and service providers. We may share Personal Information with other REVIVE affiliates and subsidiaries, our business partners, service providers and other third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose to enable them to perform functions on our behalf, such as email and marketing outreach services. These third parties are only permitted to share, store and/or use Personal Information for contracted business purposes.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose your Personal Information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about you is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with a legal or regulatory requirement or to protect ourselves. We may also share your Personal Information when we believe that such action is necessary to:
- Fulfill an enforceable government request;
- Conform with the requirements of the law or legal process;
- Protect or defend our legal rights or property, this website, or other users; or
- Protect your health and safety or the health and safety of our users or the general public.
- Cyber Security Incidents.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information.
Our Services may contain links to other sites that are owned or operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of any third parties. To protect your information, we encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
Links to other websites that are owned or operated by third-parties may be available as part of our Services to provide you with useful information and services. You may also see our logo on external websites where we have partnered with third parties to offer you additional information and services. Links that take you off our websites are clearly labeled. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or actions of those who control other websites and encourage you to look for and review the privacy policies of any website you visit.
How We Protect the Personal Information We Collect
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the Services, as required by law, or to ensure that we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations or audits for security purposes.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the disclosures made for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify you and your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you with the Services;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights, including the free speech rights of you or other users, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Privacy@MyReviveIV.com or write us at: Privacy Office, 9450 Ming Ave., Bakersfield, CA 93311.
Exercising these Rights. To exercise any of the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-661-587-2500
- Emailing us at Privacy@MyReviveIV.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. In order to verify your identity, we will ask you for certain information. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Any new Personal Information collected for the purposes of verification will be deleted as soon as practical after processing your request, subject to legal retention requirements.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password-protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We are not obligated to respond to a “right to know” request from you more than twice within a 12-month period.
Response Time and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For “right to know” requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the Personal Information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically through an encrypted email.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. For example, as a result of you exercising your CCPA rights, we will not:
- Deny you Services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for Services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of Services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for Services or a different level or quality of Services.
Do Not Track. We do not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
9450 Ming Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93311